You were a sky full of my favorite colors.
The orange flame of the candles surrounding us that night by the lake. The white sheets and the beige walls and the red pillows that surrounded us every night for so long. The peachy pink on your nose when it was chilly outside, or the flickering greens and reds of the reflections of Christmas lights dancing in your eyes. And so many more. You were a rainbow, the calm of my storm.
I never thought that you would stop kissing me with those dark pink lips or that one day, I would not know whether your eyes are blue or green because they changed so often, I wonder if now they just stay somewhere in between. I never thought that the range of colors that I’d come to know so well, would turn gray and rain from the sky.
But, my sky full of colors is indeed a deep, deep gray. And now, the only thing in which I see blue, is the feeling I get when I think of all the colors that used to be you.
25 things i wish i realized while i was still in highschool
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
Please don’t let me go to bed without her head placed on my chest and the bed sheets wrapping me in tightly to her.
I knew I matured when I realized every situation doesn’t need a reaction. Sometimes you just have to leave people to continue to do the lame shit that they do.
i find it funny that “i like big butts” has always been a well-liked song, but as soon as Nicki Minaj samples it and shows off her amazing ass in a video, suddenly OH MY GOD WHAT A SLUT PUT THAT AWAY
like, it’s okay for a guy to talk about how much he loves butts
but it’s not okay for women to love their own butts
funny how that works